Friday, January 17, 2014

The File Cabinet Transformation REALLY Did Happen...

Yeah..yeah...I posted a pic on July 4th showing what kind of file cabinet project I had in mind for my classroom.  Well the people of Facebook came through for me and I managed to snag three filing cabinets for FREE!!! Yes!  I brought them home...they were your standard taupe and light grey colored metal.  I used Rustoleum Satin Lagoon spray paint and bought a nicer grade of plywood from Lowes...the nice Lowes man even it cut it to my measurements for me...


Then I added some left over min wax stain with the poly built in...and was falling even more in love!


I also bought some thin finishing trim at Lowe's and stained it, cut it to fit and used some wood glue and painters tape to hold it in place until it dried....then my sweet Mr. helped me move to her home.

And see that sweet little gnome, well he was lonely so I found him some friends.


Hung my bulletin board and added a few more touches of "home". :)



So yea for projects that REALLY do get accomplished!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

L. Paull Designs for All
Fonts: KG Fonts