Friday, September 7, 2012

Week 4 In The Books...

Today we wrapped up week number four baby!!!  I cannot believe how fast they have went by. I have such a sweet class of kiddos, and I'm truly enjoying them.  This year I've started several "new to me" teaching ideas in my room, which is scary, but I'm loving the excitement that each new element is bringing to my classroom:)

The first thing I've added to my bag is multiplication mastery from Laura Candler...seriously my students are L-O-V-I-N-G earning ice cream scoops for each fact family they complete in a minute!!! I'm excited to use the fun division ideas in the book as well.

I also purchased Laura Candler's Power Reading ebook and have started implementing reading workshop into my classroom! I could not be happier with how things are going getting this up and off the ground...my only concern is getting in the required reading grades my district requires...still working on that one, but seriously these two books from Laura Candler Were money well spent!

I have also started a math interactive notebook and a science notebook!

It's always scary and a little unsettling to start something new, but it has been so fun too!

Happy Friday!

LaKeta

No comments:

Post a Comment

L. Paull Designs for All
Fonts: KG Fonts